Polished Concrete is generally found under 03-3550 â€“ Polished Concrete Floors under Cast In Place Concrete, but has also been speced under 09-6200 Specialty Flooring. To customize and download a CSI Format spec tailored to your project, please login and go to Build-A-Spec under Member Resources.
Preferred Mix Design Specs
- 3500 psi minimum
- Pozzolans - No more than 15% cement replacement is recommended
- Admixtures - in moderation, admixtures are ok for use with polished concrete. Superplasticizers will require removal with a stripper before attempting to grind and polish
Preferred Flatwork Finishing Specs
- Preferred Floor Flatness (FF) of 50
- Preferred Floor Levelness (FL) of 35
- Alternative to FF/FL is the strike-off method:
- 0" - 1/8" is favorable
- 1/8" - 1/4" is wavy/unfavorable
- Bull-floated, smooth, pan-finished floor from edge to edge, with no rough areas
- Concrete Compressive Strength: 3,500psi to 5,000psi
- Lightweight Concrete: Not allowed if aggregate exposure is required.
- Concrete Curing: Minimum 8 days water cured or dissipating curing compound applied.
- Laser screeding is good for ensuring flatness.